Monday, March 31, 2014

Literature Analysis #3

                                               NONFICTION ANALYSIS

TOPIC(S) and/or EVENT(S)

1. The life Leonardo Da Vinci was a mysterious one. Little is known about his life except for his inventions and drawings.

2. I think the author choose to write about Leonardo Da Vinci because he was an amazing inventor and artist. He was ahead of his time when it came to the inventions so the author may be curious to know how his life was.

3. I choose this book because I admire Leonardo for being a great inventor in the Renaissance era. I like the Renaissance part of history and he is one of the people I wanted to know about other than Michelangelo, Donatello, and the other famous artists of that era.

4. I did find the book to be realistic because it was a biography about Leonardo's life and what he did that made him such a famous inventor and artist of that period in history. He's work is amazing and I wished that I could paint as well as he could.

PEOPLE

1. The author did not make the character up because it was a biography. He told the story of Leonardo's life and included all the people that he met (that were documented of course). The authors speak highly of Leonardo. If I met him in person I would be curious to know how he thought of such ideas in that time frame.


2. The only character present in the book is Leonardo Da Vinci. I think if he were in a fictional book he would most likely be portrayed as an ugly man who is brilliant and talented inventor/artist.

3. The protagonist in the book is dynamic. At first he is skeptical of what he can do and accomplish but that soon changes in his mid-30s when he knew what to do. There's where he made a career as an inventor and artist.

4. From what I can tell the book only gives me direct characterization of Leonardo. One example is in 1516, he left Italy for France, joining King Frances I in Amboise, whom he served as a wise philosopher for three years before his death in 1519.

5. The authors syntax and diction do not change when he talking about the characters because the author is simply stating facts about him.

6. Leonardo does in fact change. He changes his mind set from not know his potential to understanding it in his middle age years. Also the change in career from an engineer to a philosopher in his older years.

7. I feel like I just read about a person which is what I should feel since it's a biography. I got stated the facts about his life and got told of his accomplishments as well as his childhood. I learned a great deal of what he did.

STYLE

1. The author used journalistic style of writing. He talks about the childhood and achievements that he made. He encountered struggles along the way.

2. The author uses lengthy and descriptive words for places and people. This helps create the setting for where Leonardo was. It also serves as an imagery device to help us picture what happened.

3. The mood and tone were of a journalistic approach. The tone was flat like one would expect from a boring documentary. The mood was too.

4. I the author was a fan of Leonardo and that's why he chooses to write the book.

5. The author uses historical documents from different sources as a resource to his writing. It matters because it gives the book more validity. It also makes the reader know the information is reliable so he/she could use it as a resource or not.

ENDURING MEMORY

What I would remember about this is what I have learned about Leonardo and his upbringing. Just like him I am unsure of what my potential and exact passion is but I know I will discover it as time goes on. He was a great person and left his mark on the world with the Mona Lisa, paintings for cathedrals, and his inventions.

No comments:

Post a Comment